Saturday, February 16, 2013

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY 2-16-13

SUPER PRODUCTIVE SATURDAY!

Today was a good day! I slept in and had a great little prayer session this morning. Then my mom came down and we fixed omelets for breakfast today. I love that nothing has changed about my appetite. You would think people dealing with chemo wouldn't want to eat or would lose weight. Shoot!! I might get fat! It's being cooped up in the house and the colder weather. It's like--let's watch TV and eat food!

We got a little dusting of snow, because well it just wouldn't be WV winter weather if there isn't some snow outside. 

 

A CLEAN CHURCH...

My Mom cleans the church every Saturday and of course it was an opportunity for me to leave the house so I took a ride down with her. I tried to stay occupied while she cleaned! 







WE WENT TO VISIT WITH FAMILY FRIEND

Linda grew up with my Mom and they're best buddies. She's such a sweet person and she's always checking on me. She works at the hospital where I'm receiving treatment. I'm always trying to inject her with a little positivity! I trying to convince her to redecorate her bedroom--she deserves a fresh new look!

I
Cute little house right?



 

RIDING AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD....

I had a moment of nostalgia because I always just forget about places around here, but we took a ride up the road past the church area to where we used to go fishing when I was a kid...

 
 


CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY 2-16-13

Easy breezy purple and gray. I'm in my layers-a white tank and a lilac colored button down with a slightly darker purple t-shirt over it. Then I threw on my gray cardigan and one of the hat's I picked up from Target yesterday. There was black in the pom pom on top, so I wore my black booties and had a black purse to accent that.
Rocking the Fro wig today!

Thought I'd give you guys a better close-up of my make-up today. I have some purple shadow to accent my outfit today.

I do alright with the make-up, but I am going to some support group on Monday evening for looking good with cancer. It's a little make-up class. But you get a free make up kit, so I don't wanna miss out on that! I'm gonna take some affirmation cards with me when I go and offer those to the other ladies while I'm there. Fun times!


TODAY'S ART EXPERIENCE...

Once me and Mom got back, we pretty much stayed in the dining room with the art supplies. Her creation keeps evolving and has actually grown into a three piece set at this point. I finished working on the piece I was making for CLASS. I also wrote them a letter and then I took pictures of all our finished pieces so that I can post them up on the Etsy site--expect to get confirmation of that sometime next week. I had a couple of pieces that had to be finished before I could take photos of as well. I don't wanna tease you anymore, so you'll see all this stuff once the site launches. I'll post the CLASS piece once I've sent it off to them--I'd rather have it be a surprise. I never got around to working on my art journal like I wanted to, but we definitely got a lot accomplished in terms of the art today. 


ALWAYS EATING...

Plus we ate good again! We had leftover veggies and cheese cut up from the omelets this morning, so we dumped all that on a frozen Digornio cheese pizza with some pepperoni and that was dinner. Out of lettuce, so for our veggies we cooked up some frozen peas with some diced fresh carrots as our side dish. I was stuffed. 


It's been a long day. I think I'm gonna eat a cup of yogurt brush my teeth and hit the bed..still debating if I want to actually attend church with my Grandma tomorrow? We will see how late I sleep!



1 PETER 2:11

Beloved, I urge you s sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. 

Cancer Cutie

Tina Bina
 


2 comments:

  1. This is Linda and I enjoyed you and your Mom's visit. Seriously thinking about your suggestion. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete