Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Rain Rain go away! 2-26-13

WET, COLD AND RAINY DAY

It may have been a wet cold and rainy day but if you keep a positive attitude, then you realize that you make your own weather!--You have the choice to feel however you want to! I chose to feel happy today! I slept late again, but who cares, I can right! I picked out clothes for tomorrow's doctor's appointment and got dressed for today after I had a nice hearty protein laden breakfast.  

I was still down to get my nature walk on--short trip up to Mom's!
 

GOOD DAY FOR COOKING TOO

I made a nice fruit salad with banana, kiwi, mandarin oranges and pineapple--tasty and healthy. 

I also put together some cut up veggies for hummus and we had pita bread with it as well. 

Then I cooked up some teriyaki chicken stir fry and pot stickers for dinner.

Almost done! Smell the flavors of  Asia!

Instead of eating ice cream--have fruit and cool whip!
 

CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY 2-26-13

This outfit was so bright, that I kept the make up muted, since I wasn't going anywhere today anyway! Just your basic foundation and bare minerals powder. A little definition of the brows. A bronze colored blush on the cheeks and black liner and some mascara. I also tried some of the lipstick from the Look Good support group makeup--yeah so not for me. I blotted it off an put on my chap stick. It left a little color. I don't like lipstick unless it's very muted. I wore the short wig with my glasses.

Oh no I might just blend in with the door! Where did Tina go? Ha! Ha! I found another pair of $3 colored jeans at Gabes the other day. Bright orange! I almost did purple, but they were a little too tight. I have this long top that says I heart late nights. and then I just threw a black hoodie over it. You can't see them, but I just have on my pointy black flats with it. I threw on my black and white trench coat to walk up there. I was like a Halloween pumpkin today!

 

ART JOURNAL PAGE COMPLETED TODAY!

 I finally finished Breathing Space today:


The center is finally filled in with my wishes--The SKY is the limit! 


I finished the other side as well and changed the title from Love to Home because the wishes listed on this side are about home ownership. I also listed the Book-spirations I've had over the past few days--Break the cycle, Unpack your dreams, Get up on the Inside, Go to the Sea Directly and today's was Use your Wisdom!




FEELING ALRIGHT?

I feel good! I am great. I'm blessed and living in God's favor. I love that I can spend most of my time engrossing myself in positive thinking, scripture, prayer and just anything I enjoy. It's quite relaxing and that's what I really need. I don't know if you've ever heard this theory on disease, but if you break that word into two it's dis--ease. Meaning not at ease. Meaning stressed. Stress is one of the biggest reasons for disease. It's what it is. It makes you sick and ill. You're not at ease with yourself and you need to be in order to be healthy and to be in sync. I'm feeling at ease. How about you? Are you at ease or are you stressing about work, your relationship, money and all the little things that really don't matter? Stop stressing! Relax--it's going to be better for your health. You don't want to fill your body up with stress and dis--ease! 

BOOK-SPIRATION: 
Use your Wisdom came from the Seize the Day Book Nekima gave me. 
 It suggested that you look at the circumstances of your past experiences and learn from them. It had a great quote from Einstein: "Intuition is nothing but the outcome of earlier intellectual experience."

I see the correlation of my first diagnosis and this one's link to stress and the lesson I learned about dis--ease. I'm not going to put my life back into stress mode again. I'm going to realize when I'm feeling the stress come on and manage it better because there is nothing more important than my health and well being.

I would suggest that you find more ways to stay less stressed as well. If you didn't see the meditation challenge link: http://www.oprah.com/own/First-Look-Deepak-Chopras-21-Day-Meditation-Challenge-Video 

There are good books for it too:
Wayne Dyer--Getting in the Gap--comes with a meditation CD
Youtube is a good place to find some free guided meditations also.

If you think mediation isn't your thing, maybe writing, working out, doing art work, take a bath, volunteer work--putting your focus on helping someone else is super rewarding!

DON'T WORRY AND BE HAPPY!

http://youtu.be/d-diB65scQU



1 JOHN 2:15-17

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that the is in the world-the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions-is not from the Father but is of from the world. And the world is passing away along with it's desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. 

CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment