Wednesday, February 27, 2013

DOCTOR DAY 2-27-13

!

WE SPENT THE ALL DAY AT THE HOSPITAL..

So today was my bone scan. I went in at 11:00 and went to the wrong place 2x. I finally got to the right spot and they got in me in quickly. I was injected with some kind of radioactive material that shows the activity in your bones. Then we had to let that circulate through my system for two hours. So we went down to the cafeteria and sat around reading the local college paper and people watching. We ate some pizza. I tried Ensure for the first time today and it's tasty. I bought some because I didn't know if I'd have an appetite and they're supposed to be good if to get your protein in if you're not really eating. I just brought them because I thought that they would serve as a good snack because I didn't realize that we were gonna be free to leave for 2 hrs. We took some pictures and watched it rain and went back down there. I had the actual scans and that took almost an hour. Now the long part was waiting on the doctor and I never did actually see him. His partner doctor came and talked with us and then we waited some more. The appointment was supposed to be at 3pm, but he was doing a procedure. It was 4pm! The guy we talked with said that if my pain isn't over a 5 that they can't really be sure that doing a procedure would really even help me and who wants to be injecting stuff in their spine and risking that if you're not sure it's gonna work. I'll stick to the pain pills for now. He paged the doctor and talked to him about what we had discussed and the doctor said he would still offer me the procedure and we could do it as soon as Monday. I said nope and if I change my mind, then they said that they could get me in quickly if need be. So we spent all day there and didn't even do anything.

It's all good though because I would rather not have more procedures--especially risky ones that deal with my spine. If I were truly having crazy difficulty getting around then it might be worth it. It was just a few days  that I had it rough, because I think that I twisted something--but it's worked itself out now. I guess it's better to be safe rather than sorry. 

So that was the majority of my day. 

We then went to WalMart.  

Then we came home to Gran's dinner of lemon pepper baked fish with potato salad and pinto beans with cornbread. I was hungry! 


CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY 2-27-13

Today's makeup was a little darker since I was in black, I had a silver lid with black liner and mascara and I of course had to define my brows and put on some blush over my foundation. I wore the curly fro with my black beanie. I had on some large hoop earring, but they must have gotten lost in all that hair.

I was dressed in black and gray to match the gloomy day outside. I had on gray jeans--got them at Gabes for $5! Then I had on a white tank top and over that I had a silky black button down. I then put on a gray cardigan over it and my long black scarf with silver accents running through it. I wore my black and white trench, my gray flats and I carried my black purse.

 

KILLING TIME...




We thought I was a model in the hallway! Pose! Sashay! Shante! Being silly as usual!

 

A PEAK AT THE RAIN

 

 HOW YOU FEELING?

 I'm feeling good. Tired, but good. I'm getting more and more inspired to write. I'm enjoying doing the blog and I'm liking my journal and book-spirations. The art thing kind smacks me in the face when I get an idea or if I have something specifict in mind. I didn't do any art today, but if I had of known how things were going to be today, I would have brought some art supplies with me and been drawing while we were waiting. Oh well! If I don't sleep through chemo on Friday, then I can do some of that then.

Book-Spriration:  Return Good for Evil

from a Joel Osteen book

Forgive the people who have done you wrong. In order for God to pour out his favor, you need to treat others well.

Aim to show kindness and seek to do good-- because we're supposed to share his mercy, kindness and goodness even when they don't appreciate it.

Forgive people and treat everyone with kindness. It's hard sometimes, but that's what Jesus would do!!!!

I tried to be nice to everyone I encountered today. Smiles and heartfelt have a good day wishes. A little kindness goes a long way and it's really appreciated when it makes its way back around to you.

So just remember to kind to someone today--maybe seek out that cranky person who always has an attitude or never seems to smile and try to make their day brighter!

How good would that feel?




EPHESIANS 2:8-9

For by the grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 


CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina
 



2 comments:

  1. You Look Great Tinar Binar!!!!

    Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Craig! I hope things are going well for you!

      Delete