Thursday, February 21, 2013

More Retail Therapy 2-21-13

RENOVATION STYLE  RETAIL THERAPY TODAY 

Today we took my Grandmother to one of her social groups today and while she was there, we went to Lowe's and had a little remodeling style retail therapy. I'm eventually going to be a homeowner and buy a trailer to rehab. I wanted to see how much it would cost for some of the things I may want to do. I priced out stainless steel appliances, flooring, counter tops and we also looked at walk-in shower stalls for my Grandmother. She has a hard time stepping over into the tub to get to the shower and is planning to pull it out this summer. So that was fun and it was a good way to get my exercise in. These are the cheapest stainless steel appliances I found, but that gives me an idea of what I would need to save or how much of a deal I could get if I can find stuff used or on a discount--because well I won't be doing this until later on after I get the trailer at least. 

Shiny isn't it. I like things that sparkle!

It's just your basic fridge on the inside!

$600 for the fridge!

$300 for the dishwasher!

$900 for a gas range and if I want the microwave that's another $300.  So a couple thousand dollars to get stainless steel appliance if I keep it basic and buy straight from the store. I'm sure I can find it for less. I'm a bargain hunter!



CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY 2-21-13

Today I wore a pair of light jeans with a pink tank, a white button down over that and a bright pink sweater--We had cold weather again today-- 34 was our high! Then I wore blazer with my pink scarf. I threw on the white toboggan from the support group and some funky pink glasses. 

I wore some pink and purple make up and some light blush. I also put on some light lipstick and chapstick. I just happened to have the glasses and thought it gave a funky fun look to the outfit. 

   

NATURAL HAIR MOMENT

This evening we washed and conditioned Mom's hair and twisted it up. I did some flat twists across the back and then just did some two strand twists on the top. Then I put them on perm rods and leave them in overnight so that it dries and then I'll take that out tomorrow and fluff it out to see what kinda curls we get!

I'm curious to see how these perm roads are going to set the hair and what kinda curl we're going to get. I'm sure that whatever homes out we will embrace it!

I wasn't in love with how the flat twists were coming out, so I thought doing more twists would be a better option.

Flat twists going along the back and the ends of that were just twisted together so that it gives everything a neater finish. I think it will be cute once we see how our curls came out.
   

LET'S TALK ABOUT FOOD...

 You know the blog wouldn't be complete if we didn't  talk about food ! My attempt at making tikka masala from scratch actually turned out really well. I had to refashion some pita bread into naan bread, but it all came out great. Then we were in Giant Eagle today and they had the simmer sauce in the jar that I normally buy--Walmart didn't have it! So now I know where I can find it. I'll look for the samosas the next time I go in there. So that was a good find!

ART AND INSPIRATION FOR TODAY..

What kinda artist doesn't do some every day? Well, I switched my medium and have been working the pen this week more than anything. I've been journaling, just not with the art portion and I've been reading some stuff too! 

THE BOOK-SPIRATION FOR TODAY
Listen to your conscience--it's God talking to you and keeping you on your path to success and inner peace, it came from women's devotional bible my Grandmother gave me. 

 Don't be lead to temptation I suppose. Just listen to God and that inner voice. Do the righteous thing. I guess you just have to pray about the things affecting your life and wait for the answers. He will send them and you act accordingly.

   

EPHESIANS 6:16-18

In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one: and take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints...

CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina

  

No comments:

Post a Comment