Sunday, February 17, 2013

COLD WEATHER IS BACK! 2-17-13

TV, BLANKETS AND FOOD!

 

 

The weather has decided to dip back down today. Our high today was only 25 degrees! I decided against going to church this morning! Boo for me, but I have a morning prayer session everyday and I watched religious programming on TV this morning of course. I just didn't feel like getting ready in time. I finally got up and moving. I was ready by the time we had to pick Gran up from church though. When we got back Mom cooked up a meal of roasted sirloin steaks, baked beans and roasted veggies. I did do some art work while she was cooking. I also spent some serious time with Youtube looking at trailers and remodeling of trailers and floorplans. After dinner we got caught up in a marathon of Touched by an Angel.  Now I'm under a blanket working on the blog and thinking about my next snack or if I want any kind of desert tonight. 


CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY 2-17-13

So today's outfit was all about comfort and color! I have this long maxi dress from this summer, but I made it work for winter. I have on some thick leggings underneath with a tank top that matches. I then added a white long sleeve button down. I threw the teal dress over it. Instead of going with more teal accents, I added the hot pink for contrast and the black books were and jacket were just the first thing I grabbed--I was originally going to wear this with brown accents--I didn't feel like changing my purse though. 
Make up close up--a little pink and teal to accent the outfit. It's such a fashion faux paux to match your make up to your outfit, but I don't care. I like to stand out and I'm a match-y match-y type anyway! Look at them cheeks!

Different angle now.

  

ART TIME...

 I had some time at the art table today. I had a little poem that I put together as a little book from a long time ago and I just added a cover to it. It'll be on Etsy. I then started working on the new art journal page, but I was interrupted by dinner. After a full belly and the Touched by Angel marathon, I never made it back to the art table except to clean up.

 

It's a poem, about an interracial couple actually. Unique one of a kind story and art.

I made a copy of it though, so I have a record of it and can make more if need be!


The face of breathing space. She's actually made from watercolor pencils. so I'll just use a wet paint brush to paint her.

Then she will get cut out and added to the cover of the breathing space layout!


DINNER TIME TASTINESS...

We gotta keep my protein levels up! So we had another steak Sunday! Mom broiled it in her secret marinade which was delicious! I made some roasted vegetables with Italian dressing to go with and she make baked beans and a delicious cheesy garlic bread! I was stuffed! Fat chemo girl?

 

HOW HAVE I BEEN FEELING?

Mentally--I've been great! I know that you guys have been going through this with me on the blog, but I just wanna say thanks so much for all the support and I hope that you've been inspired by something on here! I hope that you're taking every opportunity to seize the goodness 2013 has to offer you. You can be thrown a curve ball, but just adjust vision and you can still hit the ball! I'm embracing this experience because I know that there's a blessing in this. The healing is claimed, but there are good things coming after it. There's a new life experience going on here and I'm good with that! I want to embrace that! 

Physically --I've been great too! I mean I still take the pain and nauseau meds, but only once a day as a preventive measure. Sometimes I take an additional pain pill if I know I'm going to be really busy. I'm keeping my protein up and taking all my medicines. I typically have good energy. I get to all these doctors appointments and do what they ask of me. I am having a good experience with the treatment. My swelling has gone down and I'm not having any of the other symptoms. 

Life is good and yours is too! 



DEUTERONOMY 3:16

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. 

Cancer Cutie

Tina Jones
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tina I admire you so much. I just wish I had a little of your courage! AWESOME !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey woman! you mentioned redecorating ... have you found pinterest yet? if not you should totally get on it! you can search for all sorts of things, recipes, redecorating ideas, up cycling ideas, outfits, you name it, it is on there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You actually told me about Pinterest a while ago. I don't have an account with them, but I go on there all the time for ideas about stuff. I got a great idea for a little gifts at Christmas! Thanks for the heads up though!

      Delete