Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Doctor Follow Up Day--2-20-13

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!

Today I had my weekly blood work and follow up appointment. I had the B-12 shot today too! Nothing has really changed so that's good. My blood work came out fine and they've got my next chemo scheduled for next Friday morning! Woo Hoo!  Let's get this show on the road! The sooner we get it done the sooner we get this thing over with. They were able to use my port today--which has been a source of contention--but it was working today! They are also going to investigate further into my back pain. Next week I'm getting a bone scan to check for fractures and what my bone density it. It's gonna be another long day procedure. But if it helps to manage any back pain without any pain medicine then I'm all for whatever they find out. So everything is good. And guys believe it or not--I gained 5lbs!!!! I gotta stop eating so much. I've been keeping a candy bowl on the coffee table--so I need to leave that alone and start moving around a little more! Chemo patients don't gain weight!
Waiting on Dr. Monga...


CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY 2-20-13

Today's outfit was all about the purse as my inspiration. I wore a white tank with a white 3/4 sleeve top and then the golden yellow 3/4 button down over it. I wore dark jeans and I had on tan colored shoes that matched the tan colored blazer I wore over it for my coat. I accented everything with brown accessories. A long wood bead necklace, and a matching bracelet and some brown heavy hoops.

For today's make-up I went a little darker with my shadow, but your basics on everything else. I work the curly fro and the brown beanie style baseball cap to coordinate 

 

FINALLY SENT THE ART OUT TODAY...

I tried to get a color copy of the art piece I made for CLASS the other day with no success, but today we went to the place that was suggested and got that taken care of. So I have a copy of the original artwork and the piece I made should be on the way to them tomorrow. It was a little local company called Printscape. They were helpful, but there were only 2 guys in there, so it took a little while. He had to make a box to ship it for me so that was kinda crazy! So they were really nice! I guess if anyone in the Mo-town isn't familiar with them and need some help with printing large things--they seem to be the go to place.

Printscape--their brochure

INSPIRATION FOR THE DAY

I didn't do any artwork today, I did do some journal writing today and last night. I was feeling more inspired by the word today. I got a book-spiration! This is a new term I've coined. I say my prayers and repeat healing verses every morning. Then after finishing my little session I grab one of my inspirational books and flip to a random page. So whatever the message is, I use that as the theme to a journal entry. 

Today's message was from a Joel Osteen book--Strength through Adversity!
I have said from the beginning, this whole scenario is a blessing in disguise. So many good things have actually come from this:
I'm with my family
I don't have to work right now
I'm living a much simpler life
I'm being creative
I'm cooking more
I'm back into doing art and writing again
I'm more in touch with God--which is like the most important thing ever!!!

That's what I hope anyone going through this is trying to do! Turn around your thinking! List the positive outcomes of the situation and focus on that! It will help make you feel lighter and happier!

And adversity doesn't mean OMG I HAVE CANCER-- It could be anything, you lost a job, you hate your job, whatever you broke up with your boyfriend. We all have trials and tribulations in life but it's how we choose to react to those things that make us or break us! So remember to just embrace your life experience and make the most of it!


COOKING UP DINNER FOR TOMORROW...

After I got back from the doctor, the print shop and a super quick run into WalMart, I came home and cooked up some chicken I had bought earlier this week before it needed freezing. 


I had a coupon for that new Skillet Sauce and had bought the chipotle and black bean one. I just browned the chicken and added the sauce. We can eat it over rice, but I'm thinking I'm gonna suggest making it into nachos with more black beans. I bought a one of those big packages of boneless skinless chicken thighs--the all natural no hormone,  non caged birds--not officially organic though. I packaged up a few of them and put them in the freezer. 


The rest is now in the crock pot attempting to became chicken tikka masala. I usually just buy a jar of the sauce and some naan bread and frozen samosas that I can just heat up. I of course can't find any of that here in the lovely WV. I found a recipe on Allrecipes. I'm gonna doctor up pita bread to make it like garlic naan and we just won't have samosas, because that's a little bit ambitious to try and make something like that from scratch. I also will doctor up the rice with onions and peas like they do at Panahar--wonderful Bangladeshi restaurant in Atlanta if anyone is looking for a good Indian place. Desi Spice is another good one.


Is it any wonder that I gained weight, when I tend to revolve a lot of my day around food. I'm writing about it, while the crock pot is going and guess what we're watching-- Top Chef!! LOL!


PROVERS 3:1-2

My son, do not forget my teaching but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. 

Cancer Cutie

Tina Bina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment