Monday, February 18, 2013

MONDAY FUN DAY! 2-18-13

WE HAD ANOTHER NICE DAY!

 

The sun came out and the temperature warmed back up to 50! So I planned to make sure that I spent some time outside today. I had a list of things that I wanted to do anyway. 

OIL CHANGE
COPY CLASS ART PIECE AND SEND OFF
ATTEND LOOK GOOD SUPPORT GROUP
GRAB A FEW THINGS FROM STORE
BROWSE BIG LOTS

 Well the Oil change was a success, I had a coupon for $20 plus a free tire rotation and check and a free brake check! All was well and I didn't need anything else done. We didn't make an appointment, so it was going to be an hour before they got me in, so we walked across the parking lot to the Big Lots to kill time while they were working on the car. 








BigLots.com - Home
 
Discounts galore! Gotta love it! We just walked through every aisle to kill time, but I also got exercise that way too. I love that they have furniture and that's actually where I bought my futon sofa. I found a couple of little sectionals that I liked. They may be good later on for once I have my own place again...

Obviously it's not real leather, but I think that has a pretty sleek look to it, plus it's a neutral color and I thought that the little green chair was was a nice accompaniment. It would just be a matter of adding in the perfect coffee table.


We left BigLots with a few little trinkets, mostly just some junk food snacks that they had in there and headed back across the parking lot to get a the car, which was finished and waiting for us. No need for brakes, which was what I was worried about!








FedEx Office




This is what I was looking for to make a digital copy of the CLASS canvas and then send it off to them. Well, we started riding out to where the Fedex Shipping Center was and drove past it twice! Finally found it and the guy inside said that there isn't one here!!!! Closet one is in Pittsburgh!!! Uuuugh! Everything that I'm used to having around the corner is in freaking Pittsburgh--an hour drive away! Whatever though, there's some copy center place up the street, but they tell me that they don't have the ability to do that for me and they call another place to see if they can do it. She refers me to another place, but says that they can't do it until tomorrow, because they don't have their camera onsite today apparently.





Wendys

I was hungry after that ordeal so we went to the Wendy's over by the hospital because I had the support group tonight at 5 and it was an hour before it was about to start. We both got spicy chicken sandwiches with fries. I grabbed a chocolate frosty shake. It was pretty tasty. I shared it with Mom while we waiting for the group to start...


CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY 2-18-13

Purple and black again today. My dark jeans that fit, a black tank with the bright purple tank over it, A 3/4 sleeve cropped black blazer over top. Then I threw on the matching purple infinity scarf and clipped one of my black hair flowers onto it just for a little detail. I had on black pointy flats with it.

I wore my black and white trench and a beanie cap and threw on some shades when we left!

I didn't wear any make up because I wanted to save that for the support group, which was all about doing your make up while going through chemo and we were getting free make up kits!  That's also why I didn't wear a wig. I figured it would just be too much of a hassle while I was trying to put on everything. I did wear a black beanie, long black feather earrings and a silver bracelet. 

 

LOOK GOOD FEEL BETTER SUPPORT GROUP :)

This was fun! There were about 8 women and then whoever came to support them, husbands, daughters, Moms, friends. One lady came by herself. My mom didn't seem up front with me, but that was okay--I know she was sitting back there. They went through each step of how to apply your make up. There's a little brochure that details everything that they discussed.  

This is the bag the make up came in! It's really cool that they have all shades too. They also had very dark and I got lucky because my make up ended up matching really well!

They gave you everything, concealer, lip liner, foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, lip gloss, lipstick, self sharpening brow pencil, eyeshadow, moisturizer, liner, mascara, wipes, lotion, lotion, nail polish! They did a great job. I guess there are people who donate these items and we get these kits for free! Thank you American Cancer Society! Blessings!

I was super excited when I saw this! I got a Chanel powder blush! 


They walked us through each step of the make up process and gave us pointers about hygiene which is super important for anyone dealing with chemo. We gotta do that in order not to compromise our immune system. They also mentioned that we have to watch what moisturizer we use because some of them have hormones in them which may interfere with our treatments-in particular breast and ovarian cancers. So the key thing is to just make sure you don't let your make up expire, you keep your hands clean and don't share your make up. The basic stuff we should probably already be doing, but are too lazy to keep up with! But this is what I looked like after
I used the foundation, bronzer, the brow pencil. The little eyeshadow they gave me had some purple in it, so I used a light covering of that and I attempted to put on the lip gloss and liner, but OMG it was too bright for me. I blotted the heck out of it and just added chap stick to moisturize. They demonstrated how to do this turban with the bottom half of a T-shirt. Snice they gave us all t-shirts and mine was purple, I put it on and clipped the little flower to it. 


The instructions on how to do the t-shirt turban!
They were giving away free wigs and hats when we finished. I managed to grab a white hat  with some pastel accents running through it. I'll have to come up with an outfit for it! Ha! Ha!  

 


LAST STOP OF THE NIGHT...!

We grabbed some drinks and some fruit from Walmart on the way home.  We have some wild and crazy adventures don't we? Ha! Ha! Then we came home and Gran had made us chilli and grilled cheese sandwiches. So I slapped that down and here I am finishing up the blog after I put on some comfy pjs!

So no art tonight. We had a full day today and I definitely got my exercise and some Sunshine!! This was a really good day, but I'm tired out and ready to hit the bed right about now.

I wish you all well for the night!


PSALM 103:2-5

Bless the Lord, O, my soul and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases , who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that you youth is renewed like the eagle's.



Cancer Cutie

Tina Bina

No comments:

Post a Comment