Tuesday, February 19, 2013

QUIET DAY IN 2-19-13

CHILLIN' AT THE HOUSE ALL DAY!

Today was a chill day. I stayed in bed until almost 9 and made a late breakfast. It was raining and it warmed up to the upper 40's almost 50 again! I was still feeling tired from yesterday's excursions still so I made no plans for today. Plus I should be well rested today since I have my labs and follow up appointments tomorrow afternoon. I did a little work on my art journal today, but we just hung out and watched some tv and browsed the internet most of the day.


CANCER CUTIE OF THE DAY 2-19-13

Simple dressing today. I had on some light jeans and a pale pink tank top with a sheer pink floaty top with some silver sequins on the sleeves. I had on my silver slipper shoes with it. Something comfy and low key but still cute.

The make up was very simple today, since the outfit was so light and pale. I wore my glasses and my short wig. I added the pale pink flower head band. I added some hoop earrings. I used a light pale eyeshadow and defined my eye brows. I had a light dusting of a pink blush and I lined my eyes and put on a little mascara. Then I just put on some chapstick and a little pale pink lipstick.

And there you have it!

 

ART JOURNALING

I did decide to work on my art journal today. I just finished up some stuff I started yesterday and added it to the layout, but because it's a full four page spread, I'm going to be working on it for the next few days! Here's some pictures of how far I've gotten. 

So I've added a face and some more wording. The face is done with watercolor pencils and then I added embellishments with colored sharpies. I made some labels and then some were stickers. The beauty of mixed media is that you use a little bit of everything. I love how the colors came out. 

Then on the inside, I added this grayscale paper to one side with a little insert of pink and snowflakes. I added another little woman to the mix and some more stickers. There's much more to come!

That's what it looks like standing up. I still need to do this left side, then the middle and then the right side and it will finally be finished. So stay tuned!   
 


INSPIRATION:

In doing my prayers today, I also took a peek in one of my little inspirational books today and the topic of choice today was to enjoy the journey and not worry about the destination.  That was why today was just about chilling. I just wanted to relax today and I did a lot of that. It was all about the journey and not the destination. I had a good day because I just let it happen organically, instead of planning every moment like I sometimes do. I  can be a little rigid when it comes to a building a routine. So yeah today was just about letting go of all that. 


ARE YOU USING HANGOUT?

Gerald hit me up on it and it's just a video chat and you invite whoever you want so you can all talk. I never use this kinda stuff, but it was cool, so I invited my brother to one so that we could say hi to my niece! It took us forever to get connected, but we finally did and it was so fun to see and talk to her! She's so cute!
Old picture of her trying to pull books off the shelf! Always getting into stuff!
 
  

1 CORINTHIANS 15:56-57

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Cancer Cutie

Tina Bina
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl you know I love the short wig & glasses! Too cute. <3 you!

    ReplyDelete