Saturday, March 23, 2013

Took a break for Chemo yesterday--3/22/13

TODAY IS A NEW DAY 3-23-13

Yesterday was chemo day. I had to be there at 8:00 am for my labwork. Well I slept in a little longer than I was supposed to. It's a good thing that I had taken my bath the night before and already had my clothes picked out. I had activity stuff packed, but Mom had to add in some snacks. We made it on time regardless.

So we couldn't get my port to work and give them any blood, so they had to do it manually. She got it on the first try too. Then they had to do a special flush on my port. 

Then we wait for the Dr and my Dr was doing hospital rounds apparently and the week that they do that they have another doctor see his patients. She was very nice and she went over all my stats. My medicines and what I've been experiencing in terms of my side effects. Then she checked my labwork to see if I was cleared for my chemo!

So I go upstairs and wait forever for them to clear me for my meds. They finally get started and the Benadryl they give you immediately has me feeling drowsy. So sleepy time hits and that's how I spend most of my day. Poor Mom is sitting there bored out of her mind. You can only watch so much TV before you're over it.

Afterwards I went to Wendy's because I was so hungry and didn't think that I would survive the ride home.
 Got home and Gran had made burgers and fries for me! I ate that for lunch today. 

So I spend the rest of the evening sleeping. I went straight to bed early with no intention on writing the blog or watching TV or anything else. 

Then I had to get up this morning and go back over for my follow up shot. I think it does something for your blood counts to boost them up after chemo. It's one shot and it takes like 10 minutes and that's it. So that's a plus. Then we went to WalMart to fill my prescription.

We browsed around WalMart and after I picked up my prescription, we went to Target and Sally's Beauty supply. I picked up some wig shampoo and some head forms to let them dry on, so that they keep their shape better.  

Once we got home, I did some internet browsing, some TV watching and a quick walk up to my Mom's house to get some fresh air. We actually had a decent day today. Since the sun was out and the wind wasn't blowing, it actually was tolerable to be outside. It's going to get colder as the week progresses though. 


 THE CHEMO SESSION:

This is what the majority of my chemo session consists of. Sleeping and more sleeping!

I wake up for bathroom breaks and yes I have to drag this huge contraption with me every time because that's where everything is attached.

Mom, must have really been bored if she was taking random pictures of the clock!

 

CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY 3-23-13

Posing with my wig heads. Today I wore my long wig which needs washing! My glasses, the gray beanie with the pom pom on top. I wore basic foundation, defined my brows, lined my eyes and put on a lit mascara. I skipped the blush and the eyeshadow today.


Today I wore my new $1 sweater that was a great match to my purple button down and since I had some gray in the sweater the gray colored jeans were a great match. Then I threw on my black bootie shoe slippers. 

 

HOW I'M FEELING?

I always feel good. Why feel bad? Why would I want to feel negative emotion if I can choose to have a positive emotion.We all get frustrated, or mad or sad or whatever, but we don't have to stay there. Feel it for a moment and then realize how much better it would be to have a positive emotion. It would be better to laugh or smile and think of how proud you are or how good it feels to just not feel worried. There are a lot of positive emotions we can have. We just need to embrace those feelings over the negative emotions that are often times too easy to let yourself wallow in. We all have that friend you can call and complain with. They will listen to you bitch and whine and have their own pity party right along with you--next time you wanna call them--don't! Call that friend who's always positive and upbeat and says that it's all going to work out instead. You hate hearing that when all you want to do is complain, but switch over to the positive side. Flip the switch to more positive thinking! 


EXODUS 20:16

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment