Wednesday, March 13, 2013

BUSY DAY TODAY--3-13-13

WOKE UP IN A SNOW GLOBE THIS MORNING

So I wasn't expecting any snow today, but it was snow shower central. It doesn't accumulate except for a little dusting on the grass. So of course it was cold out and just not an ideal day for running errands, but of course that's what we were doing today.

Mom and Gran left before I got out of bed so that she could go to her luncheon at the Salvation Army today.

When they got back I was dressed and ready to go get my lab work done.
I didn't need to meet with the doctor or anything so I was basically in and out today--which was a blessing because man was that place crowded today! My nurse today was really nice and she said something to me which struck me as odd, but inspirational. She asked me if I was a writer, just out of nowhere. She said that some of the things I had said sounded like something a writer would say--like how I say the whole snow globe thing. It was a good reminder that I need to pursue that aspect of my creative side more. I mean I write this blog and I journal. I have a minor in creative writing and I spent a year in graduate school pursuing an MFA in creative writing. I spent years working at a Barnes and Noble thinking that the atmosphere was going to inspire me to write the next great novel. Why am I 34 years old and I still don't have a published novel. That's going to have to change. I'm going to have to put more effort into finishing things I've started or even just edit some things I've actually finished.  Because I'm a writer.


After the doctor's office we head to Aldi's and WalMart to stock up on groceries for the rest of the month.


Now we're home and I've eaten a tasty pepperoni roll and I'm chilling with Mom and some HGTV.

Gran left us to go with her church to the nursing home.



CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY 3-13-13

Since I was going to be in public today, I went ahead and put on some make-up. No eyeshadow, just liner and mascara, blush and I defined my brows. I did put on foundation because the way my skin has been drying up and peeling, I kinda had to put some on to blend the colors. Then I wore the curly fro wig and a black beanie.

Today I wore dark skinny jeans, a long white button down with a black belt across the waist and a black tank top underneath. I added a black sweater hoodie and a black scarf. My tall black boots completed the outfit.

 

HOW I'M FEELING...

Good! I'm feeling good! I'm ready to embrace each day and make the most of each moment! I'm also feeling inspired by that nurse and I need to stop with the procrastination. I mean really. I should have so many books published by now. I'm going to truly work on my writing. I'm feeling fired up now! Instead of sitting here watching tv or playing on the internet, I should be writing everyday.  I have a couple of stories that I've been working on for the past couple of years that I think are really unique and I just need to get them edited and put together. So mentally, I'm feeling enlivened! 

Physically I feel pretty good too. I mean the back pain is always something to contend with, but hopefully we will have that remedied soon!

If you're doing the meditation challenge with Deepak then you already know that today's thought was :

My mind and body are in perfect sync.

That sounds good to me! Like I always say--everything starts in your mind. So I'm in perfect health--training my brain to know that and then the body will follow. 

So I wish you a healthy mind today and everyday!


MARK 11:25

And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment