Thursday, March 7, 2013

Out and About this Thursday--3-7-13

TO TOWN WE GO...

Today was pretty good! I woke up to birds chirping! So that's always a good sign that your day is off to a great start. 

Good breakfast--Pancakes and Mexican eggs: I take liquid egg whites, add diced up turkey sausage, shredded sharp cheddar cheese and then some salsa and scramble it all up.

Then I got dressed and we got ready to leave to drop Gran off at her Thursday thing--she goes to Scott's Run Settlement House and I guess today they watched a movie about Jesus and Mary and a painting that Michelango did.

We dropped her off and went to drop off some paperwork I needed to turn in for my healthcare change.

Then we went to this place called Surplus City and browsed around. They are kinda like that Habitat for Humanity place but not for charity. They had a lot more selection though. We have found a deal on a dual flush toilet and some vinyl plank flooring, but we need to double check the quality of the original items we were going to get. 

We picked up Gran and then dropped off some recyclables by WalMart. We of course had to go in Walmart, because every time we drive past some crazy magnetic pull seems to draw us in and I've decided that they need to set my cot up in the back so that it makes it easier for me to get there everyday--LOL!

Then we went right back out to return the movies to the Redbox.
Walked around the dollar tree and picked up a few things I needed.
Then I needed a mocha from McDonalds.
--Oh and I drove on this second outing! There and back!

Then of course dinner time and tv watching!




MOVIE REVIEWS:

 

ALEX CROSS:

Surprisingly good! We all were engaged. We laughed, we felt sad, we had the full range of emotions. It was an action flick and it had some gruesome moments, but nothing too over the top. I also think that Tyler Perry did a good job at not being Madea. Sometimes it's just difficult to separate him from that, but I think that he did a good job. Matthew Fox plays the creepy assassin guy and he goes full force with it. We got it from the RedBox, so it's definitely worth the money! Check it out. If we had 5 stars, then I'd give it 4!





LOOPER:

This was another action flick, but with a twist. This guy kills people from the future and he ends up facing his future self and all this chaos unravels because of it. It has a lot of layers that you don't necessarily expect from the beginning of the film. It was good, but I don't know that I liked the ending. I won't spoil it for you of course, but again if you're getting it out of the RedBox, then it's definitely worth checking out at least. If we had 5 stars, then I would give this one a 4 as well.


 


 THE WORDS:

Okay so this is a completely different kind of movie from the other two. It's about 3 authors and three love stories entwined into one, but it's up to you to decide what's fact and what's fiction. It of course moves at a much slower pace and spans several decades of time. I liked it but we caught my Grandma falling asleep several times and I don't think my Mom is into these kinda flicks because she was like they almost lost me a couple of times. So with these things in mind I'm gonna give it 3 out 5 stars.



CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY 3-7-13

Today the make-up was gray tones with liner and mascara. I also threw on blush and chapstick. I put on the longer farah style wig today with the black beanie and my glasses.

I wore dark jeans a black tank with a black silky button down. I then threw a bright cobalt blue top over that. It was accented by the black scarf with silver accents in it. 
 


ART JOURNALING?

I didn't do any traditional art journaling, but I have scribbled out a couple of ideas in my regular journal. I'm gonna compile them in the art journal eventually:

This was from today and we have two ideas represented--One about Jesus being on the main line and us praying and thinking that the lines are tied up, but we need to realize that we're always connected. He's in us and a part of us so we don't have to worry about the lines being too busy ever. He is always with us.  The other one is about the message of speaking blessings over others and just would people getting showered by blessing.

This is where it started and I did recreate that one.

This was really appropriate last week after my chemo session and it went with the book spiration that was to be Strong and Courageous. It discussed David and Goliath, so I thought having the armor on was appropriate because it looked a lot like a little soldier.
 

HOW I'M FEELING TODAY...

Today has been good to me and I can't complain. I have no complaints. I was out and about today. I felt pretty good physically. Mentally is what matters though. I felt positive. Today's prayers and my book-spiration had be feeling good at the start of the day.

The book-spiration: Realize that you are more than an organism in an enviroment.
From Wayne Dyer's Getting in the Gap

You are an envrionorganism. This principle establishes that there is no separation between you and anything outside in the material world.
This is a principle he included from his Manifest your Destiny book.

So basically you are already connected to everything you want. You are one with everything and if that's true, then you can bring it in to you and it should also affect how you treat everything as well. If you're connected to everything, the how can you not over it love and respect--it's a part of you!

Everything is just an extension of yourself

You're connected to God and that's why he already knows what you need and he always hears your prayer. There is no busy signal or tying up of the lines--you're always connected to Him. He is always available to you and just need to remember that and tap into that directly.


The meditation challenge starts next week.




PSALMS 55:22

Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.


CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina
 











































No comments:

Post a Comment