Friday, April 19, 2013

THE WEEKEND IS HERE! 4-19-13

WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON?

It's been a few days since I checked in. So Wednesday I had chemo and oddly enough they didn't schedule it for the crack of dawn. We didn't have to be there until 11:00 am. They were quick with getting me in for my blood work and my port actually cooperated with no problems. Then we met with my doctor and he said my blood work looked good and they were ready to send me up for my chemo session. I had been feeling a little nauseous so I sucked down some gingerale and felt much better. I drink it everyday pretty much all throughout the day. So we got started and the benadryl put me to sleep like always. Mom took some pictures of me in my sleeping state:

Bundled up and sleeping away.


Taking  trip to the bathroom. Gotta bring this big contraption with me.

At the end of the day I checked with the nurses for my follow up appointment, but they hadn't set it yet. I always have a shot the day after chemo that does something for my white blood cell counts.They said to just call in the morning and when I did, they still hadn't scheduled it. I had to call three different times before I finally got an appointment for 1:00pm. They were relatively quick with getting me in and out. It was only about 30 minutes I spent there. Then we went to Walmart and grabbed a few things, plus we had to figure out some stuff with Gran's b-day gift.When we get back we eat and then take Gran down to church for choir practice. I was tired and Mom was tired. I hopped into bed around 9:30 and was ready to go with the sandman, but I watched project runway first.

Now it's Friday--my uncle Jeffery's birthday! Happy B-day!
I've gotten dressed, had breakfast and watched the coverage of the craziness going on in Boston.
It's supposed to be a rainy day and much cooler than it has been, so I'll probably be inside most of the day.

CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT

I don't really have one. I forgot to take pictures yesterday and you get a feel for my outfit from Wednesday. It was gray and black. We've been having gorgeous weather, but they really had the ac cranked up in there, so bundling up was necessary.

HOW I'M FEELING!

Not too shabby! I'm relaxing and just taking it day by day. I get tired sometimes and I have bouts of being queasy, but nothing too intense. I'm feeling pretty good. Staying positive. Thinking good thoughts. Speaking good thoughts and living good things. Expecting good things all the time. I suggest you do the same! And have an awesome weekend! Do something fun! Go have a beer for me!


ISAIAH 55:6-7

Seek the Lord while he my be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him. and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina
  

No comments:

Post a Comment