Tuesday, April 9, 2013

FEELING HOT-HOT! 4-10-13

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY!

It was 82 degrees today! The sun was out and it was beautiful. I spent a lot of it just sitting outside. I did watch some TV, but I made sure to get out in the sunshine too!

Every spring Mom and Gran spray their houses with insecticides to keep the bugs out. Wasps were apparently building a nest outside my bedroom window and they were getting inside the house. They freak me out and since it's been getting warmer, they've been trying to make their way inside. So while she sprayed Gran's house, I headed to her house with the neighborhood cat--Midnight. He apparently roams from house to house when the weather gets nice, but we think he belongs to one of our neighbors nearby. I had the pleasure of watching him wash himself as we sat on the porch and I played on my phone. 

 Fascinating, right? I've contributed to the plethora of cat videos flooding the internet and it wasn't even funny! The sun decided to hide itself behind the trees and the clouds, so I decided to go inside and watch some TV. My Mom doesn't put much value into cable TV and so she has limited channels and I ended up watching the Maury show! Shame on me--I should have been watching PBS or one of the Christian channels, but it was funny to check them out. Today actually wasn't a paternity test episode, but instead it was lie detector tests for the cheaters. I mean he only has those two types of shows--cheaters or paternity tests.  I feel bad for the people who go on those kinds of shows.

So then we got a call from a family friend and one of my grandmother's fellow church members. He needed a ride to see about his truck that's getting fixed. Mom was going to take him in her truck, but since I wanted to tag along, we took my car. It's always nice to take a ride and be out and about when the weather is nice.

Lunchtime--spaghetti, salad and garlic bread leftover from yesterday.

Soap opera time--Days of our Lives. We missed General Hospital.

Back outside to check the mail and the cat followed. Then I sat outside for a little bit trying to soak up the sun and took a few pictures. Back to the TV--game show hour: Family Feud and Wheel of Fortune.

Now I'm relaxing in bed writing this blog.



CANCER CUTIE OUTFITS:

Yesterday's outfit. I wore dark jeans with a tank top that had beige, pink and teal coloring. Then I threw a teal cardigan sweater on just in case the wind was blowing a chilling breeze. I added my teal beanie and beige flats to match the tank. 

 

Today, I kept it super simple--dark jeans, a long sleeved WVU top and I threw on a brown beanie cap, but most of the time I took it off, because it was making my head hot sitting out in the sun. 


HOW I'M FEELING...

 I feel good enjoying the weather and taking pictures in the sunshine. So I matched up 3 pictures with 3 pieces of wisdom I've learned in life.

Deep in thought?

Take time to think things over

Everything isn't always what it seems. Sometimes it better to think about it before making any impulsive decisions. Trust your gut and pray for answers to your deep burning questions. 

Confidence with a bald head--who needs hair to be pretty?

Be confident in who you are

You have to be confident in who you are or no one else will believe in you. Who cares what anyone else thinks because at the end of the day you have to accept yourself. You have to be comfortable with what you do, how you look and who you are. We're all unique and special divine creatures of God. He made each of us like a snowflake. No two are alike. Embrace what makes you-you!

I've never been a fan of cats, but maybe he's not so bad and he seems to like me.  

 

Be open to change

I thought that cats were awful because I had a bad experience as a kid with one attacking me. I've carried disdain for the feline species ever since. I'm not saying that I'm going to run out and buy a cat, but maybe they aren't the evil little creatures I thought that they were. Midnight was very sweet and kinda cute. Sometimes we have a tendency to let one experience shape our whole perception of something and we end up carrying a prejudice that isn't truly founded. Be open to changing your mind--sometimes we just need to let go of the past.


ART?

I actually completed an art journal page last night as I was watching TV. It's chemotherapy melting away cancer cells and a little soldier--me--raising my sword in victory. I've claimed my healing because I am living in God's favor. I'm healed and blessed! I started drawing another page and will give you an update when it's finished.

 

HEBREWS 6:11-12

And we desire each one o you to show the same earnestness to have the full assurance of hope until the end so that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of  those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

CANCER CUTIE

TINA BINA
 

No comments:

Post a Comment