Friday, April 12, 2013

BLOODY FRIDAY 4-12-13

WHAT'S BEEN UP SINCE LAST TIME? 

It's been a few days since I've given an update. I guess I haven't done too much since my last blog. I have tried to spend time outside, since we have been having great weather all week. I've been sleeping in really late too, so I only leave so much time in the day. Wednesday I didn't go anywhere, but I did bask in the sunshine. Yesterday I did go to WalMart to refill a prescription and browse the gardening section. Then I had to prepare for this morning's early doctor appointments. 8 am labwork and today was Chemo day!

No such luck-chuck! They said my blood wasn't right and I had to get another 2 pints of blood today instead of getting chemo. Those only take a total of 2 hrs instead of my usual 4.5 for the chemo session. It didn't make much difference though. We had to wait 2 hrs for the blood to even show up! Even the nurse was getting frustrated. But it finally came and I got my new burst of energy. I guess I had been feeling lethargic because my blood levels were low again. I have a lot more energy now. I have a new supplement now too. I have to start taking at 1000mg of calcium with vitamin D daily. The bone hardener I take has some funky effect on my calcium levels. Once we left the hospital, we went to go pick up the new supplement and some more gingerale. I also had a McDonald's craving and grabbed a cheeseburger and small fry. It hit the spot.

Once we got home, dinner was ready and the TV beckoned us. Long day of just sitting. It really can tire you out. Especially, when you get up at 7:00 am after sleeping until 9:30 or 10 everyday. We didn't even take any pictures today.


A CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT:

Close-up! No make-up! No wig! I took a pretty scarf and made it into a headwrap and threw on my big shades.

The whole outfit! orange skinny jeans with an orange tank top that I threw a yellow t-shirt over. The head wrap picks up both colors and pulls the look together.

 

HOW I'M FEELING...

I'm feeling much better physically. I always feel good mentally! I love life! My grandmother just gave me a few words of wisdom before she went to bed. It's a blessing everyday that we wake up.I sure we've all heard that one before, but it's something that you don't think that deeply about.  Each day is another opportunity to enjoy living. The simple little pleasures. Just absorb it. Soak it up. That sunshine. The laughter you share. The delicious meal. There are so many amazing things to experience in life, but we get too bogged down with living for money and stuff instead of just enjoying the little stuff. The free stuff that life gives to you if you just take the time to enjoy it. Take time to enjoy those little moments of joy that come free of charge. Let me know what free moment of joy you experienced today. Just think about it--I know you have at least one moment.


EPHESIANS 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places...

CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment