Tuesday, April 16, 2013

RAINY NIGHT! 4-16-13

LAZY PAST COUPLE OF DAYS!

 Monday we went shopping for a missing piece of our birthday gift to Gran with no success. Now we're going to change the idea slightly because of something she mentioned. We're going to get it together soon though. Tuesday will be here before you know it.

Today started out with me staying in bed half the day, but once I got up and dressed--I decided to wash clothes. So that was a productive aspect of my day. I also picked some daffodils that sprouted up and put together two bouquets

Watched some tv and the rain started up with lots of thunder and a little lightning. We're under a severe thunderstorm watch until 11:30 tonight and we could get some hail. Hopefully that won't happen. I haven't seen any! I actually enjoy the sound of the rain when it's time to go to sleep. It has a soothing effect. Water always seems to provide that calm and relaxed feeling. The sound of trickling water, a hot bath or shower, all make me think soothing and relaxing.

I had to get my clothes and my activity bag together for tomorrow. We're going to try the chemo again tomorrow. Hopefully my blood is where it needs to be and we can get this next session over with so that we can get to my scan to see how much of the cancer we've melted away! I got a letter in the mail about how to prep for it. No food or drink 4 hrs beforehand. I have to be there at 7:00 am. I need to eat a light protein meal the evening before and I can't engage in exercise or any strenuous activity the day before or the day of. I have Gran's bday to celebrate the day before. I told her that we can't stay out late drinking since I have this early morning appointment! She was cool with that...LOL!


BRINGING A LIL LIFE TO MY ROOM...

Small white daffodils that I found at the edge of Gran's yard!

 

CANCER CUTIE OUTFIT OF THE DAY:

No frills what so ever today! No wig or any kind of headwrap or hat today. No makeup and just my glasses.I felt free today! It was quiet warm out today--I think it hit the upper 70's so it was too hot to be dealing with all that mess on me, when I'm just gonna be at the house all day.

I still wore something that I thought was cute. I had on some sparkles! The silver and black sweater was very loose knit and then so I thought it was perfect to throw on over the white tank top. I wore dark jeans with bleached out patches and because it had been hot in the house, I rolled up the bottoms. I had on my silver slipper shoes to add to the sparkle.

 

HOW I'M FEELING...

I feel good. So much better than I had in the past few weeks. I've had more energy to do things. I still have moments with the nausea, but I've been staying on top of my medicine for that and it seems to be working. I'm excited about coming up with Gran's birthday gift and trying to give her something that will be a fun surprise. It's always rewarding to give to someone else.  When you focus on someone else, you have the opportunity to forget about your own problems. That's one of the best ways to get yourself out of your personal pity party. Go do something good for someone else. I'm not doing any charity work--like my Grandmother does. By putting my energy into her birthday and focusing on what might make her happy, not only makes me feel good, but it's a great way to distract myself from worrying about my own problems. So the next time you're feeling like my life sucks or woe is me, take a moment and do something for someone else. It doesn't even have to involve money. You can spend some time with them. Maybe run an errand for a busy single mom. Call your Grandma who's lives alone and always says she misses everyone--she'd love to hear your voice I'm sure. Hand out food at a soup kitchen. Pay for the person behind you at the drive thru. Tell someone you love them--sometimes it's nice to be reminded that you care. Take a moment away from whatever is pulling you down and go lift someone else up because it's going to make a world of difference in not only how they feel, but how you feel!


MATTHEW 6:1

Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in Heaven.

CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment