Thursday, May 9, 2013

ONE MORE CHEMO TO GO! 5-9-13

WE'RE GETTING TO THE END!

 I've been busy with the porch project and we're basically done, but I have to finish touching up the spray paint on our wicker coffee table.

Sunday was all about arranging and rearranging the furniture until we got it just right. It was also Cinco De Mayo so in tribute, I made enchiladas with re-fried beans and chips and salsa. No margaritas! Hope someone had one for me!

Monday I had to go pick up my prescription from the hospital because silly Walmart doesn't carry it. And I actually had to pay full price because my insurance doesn't cover it because it's considered an over the counter medication.Whatever! Then we finished getting our final needs for the porch. We exchanged the thin cushions for the thicker ones. We purchased spray paint in green for the coffee table. We purchased some blue spray paint for a white metal plant shelf that we were given. It's going to end up in the yard somewhere. No more room on the porch. We also purchased two rugs for the floor--one in a fluffy green by the little sofa and the other is a gray one that's more of an outdoor rug. We also purchased some hook screws so I could finish re-hanging Gran's wind chimes. I also added 4 green citronella candles to the room. When we got home, I gave one coat of paint to our wicker coffee table, but it needs another. It started raining and I had to bring it inside before the first coat even dried.

Tuesday was a lazy day. I pretty much laid in bed watching television all day. It was raining out and I just felt tired so I took a few naps and just relaxed in the bed.

Wednesday was chemo day! We were up at the crack of dawn! 8:00 am for my lab and we didn't get out of there until about 4pm. Not too bad of a day, but they were concerned about my blood counts and think that they are going to have to give me more blood next week. It was just where it needed to be, so that I could go ahead and have the chemo, but since the chemo depletes your blood counts even more, they think I will need more blood next week. I slept through most of my chemo session And after we left we had to wait around for my prescription. We ended up at Walmart and I grabbed a few things while we were there.

This morning, I had to get up early again. I had to get my follow up shot at 9:00 am. They were pretty quick today and we were out of there in about 40 minutes. It was raining while were drove home and I was in dire need of clean clothes, so when we got back I headed to the basement with my laundry. That's what I've been doing since getting home. I will probably work on finishing up my porch project tomorrow if it finally stops raining. I will show you guys the pictures of the final product. It's already so much more comfortable. It's got a fresh look! Oh and looking forward to seeing my niece this weekend. They'll be here for Mother's day because my brother is going to an auction on the 14th to buy some land up here so they decided that they would come up a few days early.


CANCER CUTIE OUTFITS:

Looking cute during chemo isn't easy, but I at least make my clothes match. No make-up and no wig. I wore the hat because it matched and threw on the scarf. Red white and blue--such a patriot! LOL!


 

HOW I'M FEELING...

I'm feeling good, but just a little bit tired. I napped a lot the past few days including today. I'm going to stay positive and just relax for a few days. I hopefully won't feel too bad, but if I take it easy then I should be fine. I'm feeling very good about my progress and I'm ready to get back to regular life. I guess I'll be back to working soon enough. Fun! Just gotta find something. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm very thankful for all my blessings and I'm just going to share an email I received about being thankful. Some of you may have already seen it, but that's how I'm feeling right now:

 
WOW!!! What a wonderful reminder of how much we have to be thankful for.
Absolutely beautiful! ENJOY!


Description: Description: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nubia_group/ 
Description: Description: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nubia_group/ 
Description: Description: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nubia_group/ 
Description: Description: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nubia_group/ 
Description: Description: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nubia_group/ 
Description: Description: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nubia_group/ 
Description: Description: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nubia_group/ 

Look back and thank God.
Look forward and trust God.
Look around and serve God.
Look within and find God!

God closes doors no man can open and
God opens doors no man can close.

If you need God to open some doors for you,
Send this to people you like, and if you don't
Need God to open some doors for you, just delete it.
God bless you as you pass on this message.
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: 
Description: Description: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nubia_group/ 





ISIAH 55: 11

So is my word that goes out from my mouth. It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. 

CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment