Tuesday, May 28, 2013

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON?

Tuesday was a doctor day. Went in for my weekly blood work.Everything came back good! Then we went to Walmart and dropped off our recyclables and picked up a couple of concrete pavers Mom needed for her yard. I wanted to make the most of the day and do some window shopping so we headed to Goodwill and that Habitat for Hunanity place to see what they might have. I didn't find anything that I actually needed or really even wanted, but I always enjoy looking because you never know what you may find. It was a beautiful day and I sat doing some doodling on the porch.

Wednesday I don't remember doing much of anything but watching the TV--exciting right?

Thursday was another day with the TV. More exciting times! The weather was kinda gloomy so it makes you feel like just sitting in the house.

And Friday was spent with the TV as well, Oh but I did find something else to do.I almost forgot that I discovered all these refashioned t-shirts on pinterest and I attempted to make a few creations. Two of them will be perfect for workout tanks and the third one is a cool no-sew vest. When I wear them, I'll show you some pictures.

Three days of just sitting around the house might make you think I wasn't feeling well, but I wasn't sick just feeling bored and lazy. I think I need another project to keep me busy.

So Saturday came and I did do one project. I spray painted a planter green for the porch! Woo! Hoo! But again I spent a lot of the day on the couch. I went up to Mom's house to see what she was getting into in her yard and while I was up there, we took some pictures.

Sunday was a WalMart day. After Gran returned from church and I finished getting dressed, we went to pick up some things so that we'd have some stuff for a Memorial Day BBQ. When we got back I prepped turkey burgers with spinach and feta. I made a pasta salad with tortellini, chickpeas, black olives, tomatoes, onions, artichoke hearts and delicious feta cheese. Tasty! I also cubed and marinated chicken for shish-kabobs. I also chopped up the onions and peppers to go on the skewers as well. After standing around the kitchen for a while, my back started to hurt and I took to the couch with my favorite friend, the TV.

Today was spent at home too, but we had visitors. My Uncle Pearlie came by this morning with my Aunt Donna to pick up my Grandmother so that they could go visit the graves of my grandfather and Uncle Arthur. While they were gone, I finished assembling the shish-kabobs and Mom cooked up the baked beans and her cheesy grilled potatoes.Then she fired up the grill and got started on the meats. Gran, Pearlie and Donna returned and we sat around reminiscing on their childhoods and our neighbors and the crazy dogs that used to live up here and some of the crazy people who used to live up here. Then Uncle Jeffery came down and the stories continued. Everyone ate and we had a great time just hanging out. Then Pearlie, Donna and Jeffery headed home. So I stuffed my face again and then we got a visit from Linda. So we all sat and chit chatted for a while. When she headed home we watched a little reality TV and Mom finally headed home. So I'm sitting here writing this, watching The Newlyweds the first year, while Gran's getting shower.  I'll try to do something productive tomorrow. Probably some laundry because chemo is Wednesday-the last one! Yay! And I probably won't feel like doing laundry for a few days after that.


CANCER CUTIE OUTFITS:

This was my visit to Mom's yard. I had on my wig because it was a little bit cooler than it has been and I actually liked the added warmth it provided. I wore my black and white trench coat over my dark jeans and black and silver sweater. I had a white tank top on underneath that for a nice contrast.

Aren't those flowers gorgeous? Rhodedendrons! Our state flower. I had on my white shades and the white necklace I made out of t-shirt material.

Red white and blue and some makeup too! Just a little bronzer, eyeliner and filled in my brows

So I'm rocking my whitewashed jeans rolled up with a white tank and a navy polo. Then I threw on a red scarf and flipflops to pull this all American look together. 

 

I GOT IN SOME ART!

I was sitting on the porch just listening to the radio and chatting with Mom and Gran. I had a pen and my sketchbook so I decided to scribble some art onto the page:

This is what I wish for everyone--that God will just shower you with blessings! May God's goodness rain down on you!

This was just a little landscape scene and I wrote a little journal entry on the mountain about the beauty of that day.

This started as some curved lines and I just kept adding to it until it sort of looked like something to me. So we ended up with a butterfly--a very spring timey thing!

Started off with just my name and then I drew a little landscape around it. Then I added the gnomes. And I think they're flirting with each other. I added Love is in the air beneath the clouds.

 

HOW I'M FEELING...

I'm feeling awesome. I've been a little bit bored, but I'm ready to get this last chemo session done and over with. Yay! Then we will see where we go from there. I'll have to get back to a regular life soon.. I just can't wait for my hair to start growing again. That's really going to be exciting for me. I'm ready to see what life back in WV is really going to be like. The prospect of me working again and actually trying to date here are not at the top of my list of fun, but hopefully the right job and the right man will enter my life.I know that God is steering the ship, so I don't have anything to worry about. Good things are coming my way. I'm gonna find a job that I love, that pays well and has a very flexible schedule. Woohoo! I can't wait to get started. And as far as the man goes, I'm excited to meet someone who's going to be a good friend, a great lover, a spiritual being and the exact match God's been holding for me. Oh and don't forget that trailer rehab project will be in the works once I get some money saved! And if I meet a good man maybe he'll be somewhat handy to help out with some of that renovation work. I'm in a forward thinking state of mind right now. I think I've gotten through the worst of it and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. So I'm going to just speak the next good things into existence! I'm so thankful for my healing! God is good and I trusted and believed in him. We just have to remember that he loves us and to trust him to show us how much. He wants us to be happy! He puts these wonderful things on our heart and even when it seems as though it's never going to happen, he has a plan to bring us something even better than we had imagined--we just have to believe and to keep the faith. So thank Him and trust him to make your wildest dreams come true! 



MATTHEW 7:7

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

CANCER CUTIE

Tina Bina


1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited for you. Thinking about you a lot. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete